Windows 7 is the new sensation in the world of IT these days. If you are using Windows 7 you must know how convenient and user friendly it actually is. Many users however get confused by its updated look. Many such users ask that how to find someone’s IP address if I’m using Windows 7, thinking it may be different from Windows XP. Believe me, it’s the same as XP, only easier.
Searching someone’s IP can give you a lot, it can tell you the name of the ISP, general location of the user and much more. If someone is bugging you online, you can determine his IP address to file a complaint or to spook him by information about his city or ISP. Such an undesirable person can be dealt easily by tracking his IP through Windows 7.
Windows 7 has a very good search tool. It is located everywhere, you open a folder there is a search the folder tab on top. The Windows is very easy to operate. By following these straight steps, you can get to find someone’s IP address easily.
- If the other person is online, he is sending you emails or talking to you on messenger, he IP address becomes traceable.
- Click on the Windows icon in the bottom of your screen
- There will be a search tab, write cmd there and press Enter.
- It will load MS Command Prompt.
- Type the command netstat in Command Prompt and press Enter
- Next thing you will see is the list of IPs; Local Address will show you your own IP and Foreign Address will show you the IPs of the other person who is in contact with you.
This is the simplest and most effective way of finding someone’s IP if you are using Windows 7.
Originally posted 2011-03-11 12:37:21.